City of Guy
City of Guy and Guy Waterworks
405 Highway 25 N
Guy, AR 72061
Guy Mayor’s Race Results- November 2, 2010
Johnny Wilson (I) – 135 – 51.33% (winner)
Sam A. Higdon (I) – 128 – 48.67% (incumbent)
Guy City Sales Tax – 1 percent citywide sale and use tax
For – 154 – 59.46 %
Against – 105 – 40.54%
- Mayor: Sam Higden
- Recorder/treasurer: Rita James
- Police Chief: Dave Martini
- Water Superintendent: Greg Hooten
- Councilmember: Debbie McFarland
- Councilmember: Stacey Ralls
- Councilmember: David Stephens
- Councilmember: Helen Tucker
- Councilmember: Don Ward
- Councilmember: Stacey Williams
- County: Faulkner
- Arkansas Senate District: 18
- Arkansas House District: 47
- U.S. Congressional District: 2
- Classification: Second Class City
- Mailing Address:P.O. Box 12, GUY, AR 72061
- Phone: (501) 679-4585
- Fax: (501) 679-8907
- Meetings: Second Monday
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guy Area Schools: Guy-Perkins School District
- Superintendent: To be listed
- Email: To be listed
- Phone: 501-679-3507
- Fax: To be listed
- Address: Highway 25 N Schoolhouse Loop, Guy, AR 72061
Schools In This District: Guy-Perkins Elementary School and Guy-Perkins High School
Local Online Services:
State Online Services:
- Car Tag/Registration Renewals
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Sex Offender Registry
- Child Support Payments
- Arkansas Vacation Kit
- Arkansas Trails Search
- Guy is an incorporated place (Class Code P1) located in Faulkner County at latitude 35.325 and longitude -92.334 The elevation is 679 feet. Guy appears on the Guy U.S. Geological Survey Map. Faulkner County is in the Central time zone (GMT -6). Observes DST? Yes. Current Time.
Guy had a population count of 244 in July 2007. There were 111 males (45.5%) and 133 females (54.5%). It has with 92 housing units; a land area land area of 0.92 sq. miles; a water area of 0 sq. miles; and a population density of 365.22 people per sq. mile for Census 2007.
The median resident age in Guy, Arkansas is 40.0 years. The median age in all of Arkansas is 36.0 years.
Guy, Arkansas, in Faulkner county, is located 38 miles N of North Little Rock, Arkansas and 129 miles W of Memphis, Tennessee. Guy, Arkansas is part of the surrounding Little Rock – North Little Rock metro area, so the town is not an isolated town. In Guy, Arkansas about 69% of adults are married.
In 2000, Guy had a median family income of $38,977. According to the 2000 census, 87% of the housing in Guy was owner-occupied. In Guy, Arkansas approximately 98% of commuters drive to work.
Nearby Cities & Towns:
- Damascus: Directions to Damascus, AR – 10.6 miles – about 15 minutes. Head west on AR-25 S toward Pinnacle Springs Rd about 4 minutes (traveling 3.4 miles – total 3.4 miles) then turn right at E Republican Rd about 3 more minutes, (traveling 1.2 miles – total 4.6 miles) then turn right at US-65 N/N Broadview St. and continue to follow US-65 N about 7 minutes more (traveling 5.9 miles – total 10.6 miles).
- Greenbrier: Directions to Greenbrier, AR – AR-25 South – about 7.4 miles – about 10 minutes. – Head west on AR-25 S toward Pinnacle Springs Rd then travel about 7 minutes (5.3 miles – total 5.3 miles) then turn right to stay on AR-25 South about (0.1 miles) (82 ft) total 5.4 miles) then turn left at AR-25 S/US-65 Southbond about 3 mins traveling 2.1 miles for a total of 7.4 miles.
- Holland: Driving directions to Holland, AR – 19.1 mi – about 26 minutes. Head west on AR-25 S toward Pinnacle Springs Rd – About 7 minutes, traveling go 5.3 miles – then turn right to stay on AR-25 Southbound approximately 82 feet, then turn left at AR-25 S/US-65 S and continue to follow US-65 S (about 7 minutes more) traveling 5.5 miles, then turn left at Hwy 287/State Hwy 287 (about 12 minutes more) traveling 8.3 miles for a tolal of 19.1 miles.
- Quitman: Driving directions to Quitman, AR – about 9.0 miles taking about 12 minutes. Head east on AR-25 Northbound toward Post Office Rd, (about 12 minutes) traveling 9.0 miles.
- Twin Groves: Driving directions to Twin Groves, AR – about 7.8 miles and about 13 minutes. Head west on AR-25 S toward Pinnacle Springs Rd (about 4 minutes) traveling 3.4 miles then turn right at East Republican Rd (about 3 minutes) traveling 1.2 miles then turn right at US-65 N/N Broadview St (about 3 minutes) traveling 2.3 miles then turn left at Pontiac Ln (about 3 minutes) traveling 0.9 miles for a total of 7.8 miles.
- Wooster: Driving directions to Wooster, AR – 12.5 miles and about 18 minutes. - Head west on AR-25 S toward Pinnacle Springs Rd (about 7 minutes) traveling 5.3 miles then turn right to stay on AR-25 Southbound traveling 82 feet then turn left at AR-25 S/US-65 Southbound (about 3 mins) traveling 2.5 miles then turn right at AR-25 S/Green Valley Dr and continue to follow AR-25 Southbond (about 8 minutes) traveling 4.7 miles for a total of 12.5 miles.
Vacation Capital of Arkansas: Hot Springs National Park
Guy High School: GUY-PERKINS HIGH SCHOOL
492 HIGHWAY 25 NORTH
Serves approximately 200 students.
Student/teacher ratio: approximately 13.5 to 1